Long Stay Accommodation
We hope you are keeping well in these tough times. At South Winchester Lodges, we are still here doing our best to help where we can and are in a position to be able to offer you and your families longer let stays if you are currently unable to stay in your own home.
If your home is being renovated, undergoing building and maintenance work or if you simply need somewhere safe to stay during the interim before your new home is ready to move in to, then we would love to help.
We regret we are unable to take bookings for recreational purposes during this time, but we look forward to welcoming everyone when we can.
Your family friendly lodge
We offer isolated, self-contained accommodation with kitchen utensils and facilities, WiFi, large flatscreen TV and private hot tubs. Our 2 or 3 bed lodges are family friendly and come equipped with travel cot, bed guards, highchairs, and a safety cover over the hot tub. We know how important it is to keep the entire family safe, so we also welcome dogs of all breeds! Because they are family too.
Our precautions to keep you safe
Our lodges are always cleaned to the highest possible standards so you can expect comfort and cleanliness – think of us as your home away from home. During these times we are taking even more precautions and paying special attention to door handles and other frequently touched surfaces. We offer a no-contact check in service, so you don’t even have to see anyone, but please rest assured that we are here and available 24/7 if you need us for anything. Your space is your own and not communal, so you have that added layer of security.
About our location
We are a family business, so we know how important it is to feel safe right now and we want to make sure that we do everything we can for you and your family to feel this way too. Our cabins are happily situated around our large private putting green which is surrounded by beautiful and ancient woodland as far as the eye can see.
Staying local during lockdown
Although we offer a safe, warm, home from home, we know how important it is to get your daily exercise. We follow government guidelines and can assure that you are still able to get out, enjoy the scenery and fresh air and do it safety and within these guidelines. Enjoy your surroundings, explore the hidden fascinations of the ancient trees encompassing your lodge, and do it all by simply stepping out of your door. Immerse yourself in the bird song and the sounds of nature as you meander along the well-trodden path between the trees.
Exercise once lockdown eases
If your let coincides with an ease in lockdown then there are even more options for your daily exercise whilst still staying safe, staying local and remaining socially distanced. Here are a few of them:
- Beaches like Boscombe, Bournemouth, Southsea and Calshot can offer a chance to blow away the cobwebs. Stroll along to the cleansing sound of the waves lapping at the shore, let the kids explore the rock pools and take a thermos of hot chocolate to sip as you walk.
- Enjoy the local parks like St Catherine’s Hill, Winchester City Mill and Blackwood Forest. Why not take the dog, a ball and frisbee to get your heart rate going for your daily excursion out of the lodge?
- New Forest walks – explore the local flora and fauna, see if you can spot the local animals and variety of birds.
- Make the most of our national parks – these full of life, isolated and open spaced areas offer a microcosm of temporary solace with scattered rolling hills and of course puddles to splash about in.
- Itchen Way – the personification of history-meets-the-great-outdoors! There are lots of trails to follow and offer a well-deserved hike after being cooped up
To find out about our longer lets and available homes from home, please get in touch with our booking department where we will be happy to answer any questions you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org . Stay safe and take care!